There are #AllKindsofMums in this world – the mum of many, the step mum, the grand mum, the pet mum and even the trusty friend who is always mothering you!
Spoil the mum in your life by creating treasured memories with her this Mother’s Day. If you’re looking for inspiration on how to make the day memorable, we’ve got 30 epic suggestions for you. Some of these are perfect for two people – if you feel like treating yourself at the same time!
There’s something in here to suit every kind of mum, age and budget.
1. Book her a relaxing massage – she’ll love the opportunity to relax and rejuvenate.
2. Treat her to a delicious brunch – choose something heavenly at a cafe.
3. Buy a jigsaw and complete it at home together – from 100 to 1000 pieces, challenge yourselves and make a masterpiece. You could even frame the final product.
4. Pick up a coffee and go for a leisurely walk around a park – leave your phones at home and enjoy quality time together in nature.
5. Treat her to a blow-dry ¬– because every mum deserves a little glam time.
6. Buy her a new piece of jewellery – make her sparkle.
7. Take her to see a musical ¬– you’ll be singing long after it’s over.
8. Make some homemade jam together – using some fresh strawberries or plums.
9. Have a manicure and pedicure at a nail salon – the big question, which colour to choose?
10. Visit a gallery or a museum – whether it’s art or history, discover old and new together.
11. Do a yoga class together – for a blissful start to the day.
12. Take her shopping for a new outfit – and get your stylist on.
13. Treat her to a haircut – will she opt for her go-to style or a bold new look?
14. Run a board game night – who will be the ultimate champion?
15. Head to the park for a two-person picnic – complete with her favourite culinary treats.
16. Plan her a mini photoshoot – use Polaroid pictures to create a scrapbook she can keep forever.
17. Indulge in a facial – perfect for mums who wouldn’t book one themselves.
18. Plan a movie night – her choice of film, of course.
19. Buy ingredients to cook a special dinner together – try something she’s never cooked before.
20. Go plant shopping – and nurture her inner green goddess.
21. Take her for a makeover at a beauty counter – try different beauty looks, from a colourful eye to a bold lip, before your evening festivities.
22. Buy supplies for a ‘crafternoon’ – make a candle, build a terrarium or create a veggie patch – the options are endless!
23. Pick out a gorgeous bunch of flowers for her – to keep her home smelling sweet all week long.
24. Take her to a chocolate tasting – perfect for a choc-a-holic.
25. Try a class together – whether it’s painting each other’s portraits or making ceramics.
26. Put your pinkies up at afternoon tea – scones and jam, anyone?
27. Head to the gym for a workout together – have fun while working up a sweat.
28. Treat her to a relaxing at-home spa session – run the bath and throw in a bath bomb!
29. Bake some cupcakes and decorate together – and eat them all afterwards.
30. Allow her some ‘me time’ – manage her priorities for the day and give her the freedom to relax on the couch and do whatever she likes!
Don’t forget to show us your Mother’s Day celebration by tagging us on Instagram or Facebook using the hashtag #AllKindsofMum.